RE: oracle monitoring tool and historical data

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 08:29:24 +1100

Management Pack is a generic term that covers ALL the packs. Just which pack are you talking about here?

Pete

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ls Cheng Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 09:22 PM To: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com> Cc: Oracle Mailinglist <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: oracle monitoring tool and historical data

Hi

Yes we have both packs but we dont have Management Pack so we cannot pull data from OEM for reporting ourposes which menas we need some other tool which can.

We looked Management Pack but it is way too expensive, it more than Tuning + Diagnostics together and just for reporting (in our case).

Thanks

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 12:54 AM, Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com <mailto:dbakevlar_at_gmail.com> > wrote:

Couple questions...

Do you have Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition? Do you have the tuning and diagnostic pack? Any data in particular you wish to track?

Thanks,

Kellyn

  <http://d3mod6n032mdiz.cloudfront.net/thumb2/d/b/a/dbakevlar/dbakevlar-105x70.jpg>

Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman

DBAKevlar Blog <http://dbakevlar.com>

President Rocky Mtn. Oracle User Group <http://www.rmoug.org/>

President Denver SQL Server User Group <http://denversql.org/>

about.me/dbakevlar <http://about.me/dbakevlar>

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com <mailto:exriscer_at_gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know any open source monitoring tool which works for Oracle Database and can store historical data for trending charts?

Thanks