Re: Question about single-sign-on products

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 20:00:04 -0500

Oracle can also use Radius:

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/DBSEG/asoradus.htm#DBSEG040

Radius by itself is not a SSO solution, it as an authentication protocol:

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/fireware/12/en-US/Content/en-US/authentication/rsso_about.html

but there are Radius bases SSO solutions which work with Oracle as well:

https://www.loginradius.com/

https://www.miniorange.com/radius_single_signOn_solution

Most modern SSO solutions are based on Oauth2 protocol, which is supported by Oracle, but I think that you must have Oracle Fusion in order to do SSO to the database. I am not really sure about that.  Furthermore, Oracle has cloud based Oracle*SSO:

Hope this helps.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant