Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Aparently Oracle forms 6i client server, will not work with 12.2, the last is 12.1.0.2

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:17:38 +0000

The error has to do with the version of the Oracle client in use. Isn't Oracle Forms 6i just an application running on top of a client version? I would think you can upgrade the client that 6i is using, but then we do not run on Windows.

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com> Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 3:32:35 AM To: jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Aparently Oracle forms 6i client server, will not work with 12.2, the last is 12.1.0.2

Hmm. Pretty sure we've checked this already. There's a Support Note somewhere on using EBS Forms 6i with 12.2 and with notes on applicable client patches it is still supported I think.

I'm probably not going to search for that note today.

Regards,

JT

On Sat, 27 Jan 2018, 04:39 Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco, <jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com<mailto:jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Hello,
Aparently Oracle forms 6i, will not work with 12.2, the last is 12.1.0.2 In oracle 12c didn't work reports, but someone found a dll an replacing it he got to work, but now is different, client oracle 8 is not supported and there is no way to patch it.

ORA-3137 [kpoal8Check-5] From Incompatible Client Version Connecting To 12.2 Database (Doc ID 2296523.1)

Solution

Unlike previous version, Oracle has added some strict checks on RDBMS 12.2.0.1 and client apps must comply with these checks.

In order to resolve this, upgrade client version to compatible level.

--

Regards,

John

--