For those using snapshots of Prod Disk Groups - Question

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 09:20:49 -0600

For those of you utilizing storage snapshots of your Prod disk groups, do you also include the FRA contents in your snapshots?

There's an open question we're discussing about whether we need the FRA contents as part of the snapshot.

(We're only using snapshots as protection against screw ups - not as a backup/recovery option. So if we really, really had to we could restart the database from a previous snapshot - or clone the snapshot to a utility server to do some data restoration)

I'm thinking the FRA contents don't need to be part of the snapshot but I could be mistaken.

Chris