Re: Meltdown and spectre

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 09:51:04 -0700

I suspect the OS manufactureres are in a position to do something about the problem.  Most people I know avoid firmware updates like the plague, and I'm not sure that a firmware update is actually going to solve the problem.  Besides, who would need to do it: chip manufacturers, bios manufacturers?

Cloud makes it worth exploiting.  But once the exploit is available, it'll likely be rolled out to all platforms with glee. No additional expense involved.

/Hans