Re: SQL Command list history on Linux

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 14:34:30 +0000

Hi.

I guess it's a case of finding something the individual is happy with...

SQL*Plus in 12cR2 has a history command. Not quite what you are looking for I guess.

https://oracle-base.com/articles/12c/sqlplus-enhancements-12c#command-history

I like the RLWRAP solution. Just remember it is part of EPEL so you either have to add the EPEL repo directly, or if you are on Oracle Linux you can enable the "ol7_developer_EPEL" repository in the "/etc/yum.repos.d/public-yum-ol7.repo" file before doing the yum command.

I also like SQLcl. I don't find the startup to be slow. It's much smaller than an instant client, so if you are already using a new-ish version of Java on the server it's really a neat solution. I don't tend to put it on the DB servers, but I've got it on app servers...

Cheers

Tim...