Re: Login Slow on One Database using ArcGIS

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:51:27 +0100

Sallie,

maybe it's worth to distinguish if the time is spent before or after a session is initiated.
So I'd suggest to enable SQL*NET tracing on server side. Similar to

TRACE_LEVEL_SERVER=USER
TRACE_FILENO_SERVER=6
TRACE_FILELEN_SERVER=51200
TRACE_UNIQUE_SERVER=ON
TRACE_TIMESTAMP_SERVER=ON
TRACE_DIRECTORY_SERVER=/home/oracle/SERVER_trace
LOG_DIRECTORY_SERVER=/home/oracle/SERVER_trace DIAG_ADR_ENABLED=OFF ADR_BASE = /u01/app/oracle
.

I'm not sure if it was somewhere in the thread already: is the ArcGIS running on the clients PCs or on a dedicated application server? (I'm not an ArcGIS guy, so excuse me if this question sounds rubbish for you).

Martin

--
Martin Berger                Oracle ♠
martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com _at_martinberx <https://twitter.com/martinberx>