Re: Comparing apples to apples on Exadata

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 20:48:48 +0200

Chained rows can definitely cause trouble for smart scans - especially if the chaining has happened over time (e.g. the next row piece resides physically far away from the previous piece(s)).

If you have enough disk space - you can run a test first, before going through the index drop & shrink operations. Clone the table to a separate copy with CTAS and test if the query runs faster on the copy without chained rows.

Tanel.