exadata monitoring with enterprise manager 13.2 plug-in

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 14:38:19 +0100

Hi

I am in the middle of configuring monitoring for an Eighth Rack x6-2 using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Release 2 Plug-in Update 1 (13.2.0.0). It is really a pain in the a** because the plug-in is buggy, it cannot detect the compute nodes ILOM properly (therefore compute nodes are not detected) because it add a -ilom after compute nodes hostname which is totally incorrect (*Bug 23477496 - Ilom name incorrect during exadata discovery when client network is hostname*). I opened several SR and the suggestion given is add them as 12c targets then convert to13c targets. Again it has it's own problems, infiniband switches does not show any statistics stating that I need database diagnostics pack license (why?!), the cisco switch shows a blank page, the ILOM shows blank page and the cells shows no disk size info.

Anyone has gone through this process with x6-2 and 13.2.2 exadata plug-in?

Thanks