Re: Another License Review

From: Atkinson, Matthieu <matthieu.atkinson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 18:30:19 +0100

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure how it is in other countries outside the EU but in France, Oracle has started a year ago what they call Programatic or Systematic audits, which basically means you'll be audited every five years max.

We also see most Oracle partners providing consultancy around handling such audits by mainly migrating prior to running the audit scripts or moving towards OVM or Proxmox as a means of isolating the Oracle infrastructure (vmware for everything but Oracle, Hyper-V/Proxmox/OVM for Oracle).

Companies such as Houseofbrick are not very well known in France, even major SAM companies are just about starting to be involved in the process.

Anyroads, good luck! As a proud Oracle DBA, it breaks my heart to see people migrate to SQL Server or PostgreSQL just because of licensing costs (and no, it's not an open invitation for a heated debate over the issue!)

matt