Re: TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 10:03:42 -0600

Hi Woody,

Check the event log on the Windows server. This sometimes gives a bit more useful information. One possible explanation might be with the password having expired? I've had this problem a few times on Windows and the error messages are terrible, so I can't remember exactly what an Error 61 is, but hopefully there is a better error message in the event log. Have the system Admin check the Event Viewer. From there (it's been so long I can't remember exactly), I think it is "Windows Logs" and then "Application".

Hope this helps,
Bill Ferguson

--
-- Bill Ferguson