Re: DBLink from Oracle to SQL Server

From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 17:20:51 +0000

Thanks Mladen and Pawel.

While connecting from Oracle to SQL is a preferred requirement, if it is easy to setup the other way around, I'm sure I can come up with a few reasons to persuade them to reverse the link. 😊

This is not for a production application, more like for adhoc activities, so it may work..

Thanks again guys

Upendra

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 9:21 AM To: Paweł Matysiak
Cc: Oracle-L
Subject: Re: DBLink from Oracle to SQL Server

Yes, it is a lot easier to setup from SQL Server to Oracle, but the OP asked about getting from Oracle to SQL Server, so that is what I gave him. Oracle probably doesn't want it to make it too easy, since they are selling gateway to SQL Server.

Regards

On 09/29/2017 04:26 AM, Paweł Matysiak wrote: It sounds like it's a lot easier to setup the other way around.

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

--