RMOUG Call for Papers and Abstract Reviewer Request

From: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 15:50:35 -0600

This is a call for anyone who is interested in returning to review the abstracts submitted to the RMOUG "Training Days 2018" (TD2018) conference, taking place on 19-22 February 2018 in Denver CO.

The Call For Papers  <https://events.bizzabo.com/rmoug>Call For Papers <http://www.rmoug.org/training/2017-abstract-submission/> for the conference has been open for almost two months now, and it continues until Oct. 10, 2017. But we're past our mid-way point, so we're starting the all-important abstract reviews and we wanted to reach out to the community and request more reviewers to request their assistance once more!

As you all know, RMOUG has an objective process of abstract selection which relies on the averages of the subjective scorings by our reviewers, who have 24x7 access to our online review tool for 4 weeks from mid-September through mid-October.

The creation of the agenda will occur in mid-October, based purely upon the average scores from the reviewers. Overall, there are about 120 sessions at the conference, and we average about 400 abstracts each year, so having knowledgeable reviewers sharing their expertise is the surest way to deliver the best conference.

We will be scheduling a training session via WebEx at multiple times for new, (and anyone who wishes a refresher), and then reviewers will have about a month to review and provide scores and feedback on as many abstracts as they feel comfortable.

At the conclusion of the reviews, we will thank each reviewer with a certificate and our most sincere gratitude. Hey, both of these will be valuable commodities some day!

If you'd like to volunteer and haven’t been added to our list, we welcome you to volunteer <http://www.rmoug.org/volunteer/>! The more reviewers we have, the better an event we can offer everyone!

Sincerely,
Komal Goyal
Training Days Director and