Re: Developers wanting individual Unit Test (no data) databases - suggestions?

From: Gerald Venzl <gerald.venzl_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 11:30:10 -0700

If you don’t need the data and just want to run a local database on a laptop that they can develop and run tests against then really Docker is the way to go. :) People have done it before and are unit testing this way: https://github.com/oracle/docker-images/tree/master/OracleDatabase/samples/prebuiltdb <https://github.com/oracle/docker-images/tree/master/OracleDatabase/samples/prebuiltdb> It allows you to spin up a DB in a matter of seconds and if they have done something wrong or want to start from scratch they can just throw away the container and spin up a new one.

Happy to help exploring this further, you got my email.

Thx,

Gerald Venzl | Senior Principal Product Manager Email: gerald.venzl_at_oracle.com <mailto:gerald.venzl_at_oracle.com> | Phone: +1.650.633.0085 <tel:+16506330085> Oracle ST & Database Development
400 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Shores | 94065 | USA