Re: recover database from scratch

From: Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 18:56:32 +0200

i don't know how to do that without having the RMAN catalog in the Controlfiles, with the CATALOG START WITH command.

Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 at 11:40 PM
From: dedba_at_tpg.com.au
To: w1ti_at_comcast.net, Bob-W1TI <w1ti_at_comcast.net>, lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com, oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Subject: Re: recover database from scratch
I don't think that you can do a resetlogs before you have restored the database files. Did you try restoring the files first and running the script as the last step?

Cheers,
Tony

On 17 June 2017 4:59:39 AM AEST, Bob-W1TI <w1ti_at_comcast.net> wrote:

Not sure, but do you need to create the directory first (/oradata01/SFINA021)

havent used rman in eons, but if this was generic cloning it would need to be done.

bob

On 06/16/2017 02:45 PM, Lyall Barbour wrote:
Hi,
  I feel like this is not as complicated as i'm making it.

Oracle 12.1.0.2

WHat i have: RMAN backup(s) of my database.  I have the init.ora file.  trace file backup of the controlfiles

what i don't have: any datafiles, controlfiles, redo logs, etc.

I can mount the database, but when i try to create the controfiles from the trace file, i get

CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "BLAH" RESETLOGS FORCE LOGGING ARCHIVELOG
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
ORA-01565: error in identifying file '/oradata01/SFINA021/SYSTEM.01.dbf'
ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory
Additional information: 3

which is very true.  after i created the controlfiles and mounted the database, i was going to RMAN and do a CATALOG START WITH, etc. and restore...

Help?  lol  isn't this just a database cloning i'm essentially doing?

Lyall Barbour

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jun 17 2017 - 18:56:32 CEST

Original text of this message