Re: Community announcement: NoCOUG Journal with interview by Alex Gorbachev and interesting cloud-licensing article.

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 22:14:14 +0000

Best quote from Alex:

Bah, humbug! You can't replace me. The world will always need DBAs. ALWAYS. The change is coming and as with any significant change, you have three options: 1) ignore the change hoping it will go away; 2) actively resist the change because you don’t agree; or 3) embrace the change—adapt and maximize your opportunities during the transition. Make your choice. I would like to refer the reader to a paper written by my colleague Warner Chaves with the help of Vladimir Stoyak, “The Evolving Role of DBAs in the Cloud” (http://resources.pythian.com/evolving-role-of-dbas-in-the-cloud-whitepaper), where Warner discusses how to fit into this new landscape of managing databases in the public cloud. In addition, I recommend listening to the first episode of Datascape Podcast: “Discussing the Future of the DBA Career” (www.pythian.com/blog/datascape-podcast-episode-1-discussing-the-future-of-the-dba-career/<https://www.pythian.com/blog/datascape-podcast-episode-1-discussing-the-future-of-the-dba-career/>).

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 2:39 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Community announcement: NoCOUG Journal with interview by Alex Gorbachev and interesting cloud-licensing article.

NoCOUG Journal with interview by Alex Gorbachev: http://nocoug.org/Journal/NoCOUG_Journal_201705.pdf

The candies pictured on the front cover which complements the "Bah, Humbug!" theme on the front cover.

The licensing article explains how to use the on-premise licensing model in the cloud.

Enjoy

<http://www.nocoug.org/Journal/NoCOUG_Journal_Latest.pdf>