Re: Strange problem

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 00:57:08 -0400

On 04/30/2017 11:35 PM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:
> It’s probably something completely different,
John Cleese in a bikini?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNyoAMqRXQ
> but I think it IS likely that dbw0 is somehow losing write authority
I am still not quite convinced that ZFS is completely stable. I set filesystemio_options to "none", increased the number of DBWR processes and their slaves. Not everybody likes ZFS, as can be seen here: http://www.eall.com.br/blog/?p=2481
I know that direct IO and asynchronous IO put quite heavy requirements on both the file system and the OS, so I decided that removing that would be the first thing to try.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA