Re: Oracle and Docker partnership details?

From: Venkat Krish <venkat.lear_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 12:36:53 -0400

Sorry about this very very basic/beginner question...

but is there a link or documentation someone can point to where I can read about how oracle on docker is going to make things so drastically different for developers/any organization? what was missing all these days and why is this such a big deal..

I am trying to still get a grasp at things & want to understand the high level difference between

  • editioning feature that comes as part of db
  • vm ( each developer runs his own db to do unit test)
  • multi-tenant ( developer can own a copy of prod db.. in isolation where things can be tested )
  • application container ( 12.2) & now docker ( where entire stack is in a container)

Thanks in advance.