Break stretch Oracle RAC

From: Fernando Andrade <correo_at_fjandrade.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:15:17 -0500

Hi all

I have an extended RAC ( or Strech RAC confiuration).

The solution is on premise with Oracle 11.2.0.3 on standard edition RH Linux 6.

I don´t know why since it´s a local cluster, it uses two storages as an extended cluster.

I really don´t need to use the two storages so I want to break this configuration.

My plan so far:

· Take all the disks out from one of the failure groups / storage.

· With those disks create another diskgroup with external redundancy.

· Backup as copy to the new diskgroup and then switch to copy the databases ( I have 4 databases there).

Someone has break and extended cluster configuration before and can give me any advice?

It will be greatly appreciated.

FJA