Re: Recyclebin usage

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 10:17:15 -0600

I havent found it particularly useful in production. I have run into one use case where it was an actual problem. A user application created several thousand tables per day for temporary usage, and we actually ran into serious performance problems purely from recyclebin management. We did disable the recyclebin for that. Sure, it was an application design issue, but it was a third party application we could not change.

Basically, i am neutral on it. I dont see any particular advantage from using it, or (normally) any real disadvantage.

--
Andrew W. Kerber