RE: inconsistent query performance

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 23:30:30 +0100 (CET)

Hey Bob,
view on/of views is not necessarily a bad thing - it depends (as always) on various factors like rownum, aggregations, etc.

However not quite sure if you have licensed diagnostic/tuning pack - if not SQLd360 will not provide a lot of historic information. In such cases you can rely on the good old kernel diagnostics and tracing infrastructure. Set the scope on sql_trace[] for your particular SQL ID and let it run until you have captured the good and bad runs - all you need :-)

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK