Re: Oracle Add-ons

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 09:36:57 -0700

 From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinitiator), which has references to real live Oracle sources:

In 2007 Oracle announced, that for the upcoming release of Forms version 11, Jinitiator would no longer be needed^[1] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinitiator#cite_note-1> ^[2] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinitiator#cite_note-2> and that users should migrate to the Sun Java plug-in.^[3] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinitiator#cite_note-obsolete-3> In January 2010, a product obsolescence desupport notice was posted saying that JInitiator would no longer be supported and that all users should upgrade.^[4] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinitiator#cite_note-4> Since version 10.1.2.0.2 of Forms in 2010, Oracle began working closely with Sun to completely phase out Jinitiator.^[5] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinitiator#cite_note-5>

/Hans