RE: Survey of non-database application file storage platforms

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 16:44:24 -0800

Normally a company uses whatever is their primary storage vendor, as that is what they are building their servers and VMs from.

A company, if they have very large datasets, may try and use a less expensive storage system then their primary system, or if they are looking at long term archiving that still needs to be immediately available.

Then it also comes down to how far they want to go away from their primary vendors and do they have the personnel to support it.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

Dimensional DBA

425-891-7934 (cell)

D&B 047931344

CAGE 7J5S7 Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net

 <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-parker/6/51b/944/> View Matthew Parker's profile on LinkedIn

www.dimensionaldba.com <http://www.dimensionaldba.com/>

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of John Thomas Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:44 AM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Survey of non-database application file storage platforms

This is not an RFI and I do not work for a hardware vendor.

I'm just a DBA working for an Oracle user who was asked by a PM to see if anyone can help with what systems others use for non-database application file storage. You know, inbound and outbound EDI transmissions, XML, CSVs etc.

To make it easy, I've created a survey and I'd be grateful if you'd take 30 seconds to fill it in please.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FBFH7WV

If the group does not object, I'd be happy to share the results with you when I have some.

Regards,

John Thomas

--

Regards,