RE: Taking Backup from standby database

From: Jko - Google <jacques.kostic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:51:27 +0100

Incremental backup from an active Standby is under ADG licence.

https://www.oracle.com/database/active-data-guard/index.html

But it doesn’t say database is Read-Only with Real Time Apply.

So for me incremental backups from “Active” mean applying changes is under ADG licence.

Cheers

jko

From: Timur Akhmadeev [mailto:timur.akhmadeev_at_gmail.com] Sent: 02 December 2016 10:46
To: Oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>; jacques.kostic_at_gmail.com; vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com Subject: Re: Taking Backup from standby database

Any proof link for that? ADG has appeared in 11g while backups from standby are available for a long time - do you mean there was a license agreement change? I highly doubt so.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 at 10:51, Gmail <jacques.kostic_at_gmail.com <mailto:jacques.kostic_at_gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi Vadim,

Remember that you must be licensed active data guard for backup from active standby. Cheers
Jko

On 2 December 2016 7:10:34 a.m. Vadim Keylis <vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com <mailto:vkeylis2009_at_gmail.com> > wrote:

Good evening oracle experts. I am having issue activating database restored using backup taken from standby.

    Our current setup: We have one primary and one standby database. The standby database is kept in sync with primary using dataguard. We are currently taking backups from primary. We are want to move backups from primary to standby database.

I used script bellow to take backup from standby database and then restored backup on different server. The database was successfully restored and physical standby. The problem started when I try activating it. I got the following error

    ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent

    ORA-01110: data file 1: '+STAGEDATA/SETLR/DATAFILE/system.5096.929468439'

I will greatly appreciate suggestions on taking backups from standby in order to restore as primary in case of emergency as well as how to solve inconsistency error after standby database is activated.

Thanks so much,

Vadim

run

{

CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '/mnt/db_transfer/SETL/rman_backup/ctl/control_%F';

CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO 128 G; CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO '/mnt/db_transfer/SETL/rman_backup/ctl/snapcf_SETL.f';

ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch1 DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT '/mnt/db_transfer/SETL/rman_backup/db_%d_df_t%t_s%s_p%p_level0';

BACKUP INCREMENTAL LEVEL 0 TAG LEVEL_0_20161201_1526 DATABASE ; DELETE FORCE NOPROMPT OBSOLETE; RELEASE CHANNEL ch1;

}