Re: verification of replication (Golden Gate)

From: Bobby Curtis <curtisbl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 23:37:30 -0400

GoldenGate has a few options that you can use. Questions that needs to be asked is “what is golden gate going to be used for”? Is your setup going to be oracle-to-oracle or oracle-to-heterogeinous database? Oracle-to-Oracle, is it going to be classic replication or integrated?

In either case, the base monitoring should be done using the logs available, ggserr.log, discard files, and report files. Then you can enhance the information in these files by using the LAG parameters in the Manager process. The REPORTCOUNT parameter in the parameter files will give you runtime statistics.

If you are using integrated replication for oracle-to-oracle, you then get access to lots of views that can be used to diagnose runtime apply and capture issues.

Lastly, you can use the AWR tools with the integrated process, but this requires you to be on DB 12c (12.1.0.1).

Enjoy!

Bobby