Re: Sizing SGA

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 16:48:55 +0200

Hi Niall,

the number of incances might affect the Global Resource Directory - but I did not find any formula how to calculate it's size. Beside that I agree with Franck: shared pool will be equal for every instance, as every tatement will hit all the instances over time. Buffer cache should not decrease as well, unleass the load is really sahrded between instances. It might happen every intance has one (or more) copies of the same (busy) block in its buffer cache.

regards,
 Martin

--
Martin Berger           martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com
                                  +43 660 2978929 <+436602978929>