RE: Need help with ORA-08103 error

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:23:44 -0700

OERR: ORA-8103 "object no longer exists" Master Note / Troubleshooting, Diagnostic and Solution (Doc ID 8103.1)

This is the Oracle Support base troubleshooting note.

Verify on the primary there is not a long running transaction.

On the primary perform a couple of log switches and verify log shipping and apply occurred, then try your select again.

This gets rid of a myriad of bugs in 11.2.

If you still have the problem then you need to look at the Troubleshooting note.

I have hit a variety f issues related to this caused by actual corruption, mainly around partitioned tables.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

Dimensional DBA

425-891-7934 (cell)

D&B 047931344

CAGE 7J5S7 Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net

 <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-parker/6/51b/944/> View Matthew Parker's profile on LinkedIn

www.dimensionaldba.com <http://www.dimensionaldba.com/>

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Harinderpal Singh Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:20 PM To: Vishnu
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Need help with ORA-08103 error

We are running 11.2.0.4 on RH Linux 6.7.

No flashback or snapshot conversion recently.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016, 16:07 Vishnu <vishnukumarmp_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Please post your db/os platform versions. Did you perform any flashback or any changes in DR recently like snapshot conversion ?

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Harinderpal Singh <harinderpsingh_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

We are getting "ORA-08103: object no longer exists" error while running simple select statements against some tables in Standby/DR.

If anyone has dealt with such errors in past please share your experiences and help us fix this problem.

Thanks,
Kanwar Harinder Singh