Re: Performance issues with SSD on DELL servers

From: Apps DBA <dbaorapps_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 00:06:48 -0500

Hello Gogala/Amir,

Thanks for your response. I dont see any problem in the wait events,

EVENT                                      COUNT(*) AVG(B.WAIT_TIME)
---------------------------------------- ---------- ----------------
VKTM Logical Idle Wait                            1                0
VKRM Idle                                         1                0
smon timer                                        1                0
JOX Jit Process Sleep                             1                0
AQPC idle                                         1                0
direct path read temp                             1                0
lreg timer                                        1                0
Streams AQ: emn coordinator idle wait             1                0
Streams AQ: qmn coordinator idle wait             1                0
wait for unread message on broadcast cha          1                0
nnel
heartbeat redo informer                           1                0
pmon timer                                        1                0
Streams AQ: qmn slave idle wait                   2                0
LGWR worker group idle                            2                0
DIAG idle wait                                    2                0
jobq slave wait                                   2                0
Space Manager: slave idle wait                    3                0
EMON slave idle wait                              5                0
Streams AQ: waiting for time management           5                0
or cleanup tasks
rdbms ipc message                                16                0
pipe get                                         21                0
Streams AQ: waiting for messages in the          29                0
queue
SQL*Net message from client                     187                0

23 rows selected.

I believe there is something wrong with network/storage. below find the Oswatcher netstat info.

Linux OSWbb v7.3.3
zzz ***Mon Aug 29 00:00:21 EDT 2016
Kernel Interface table
Iface MTU RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg
eth0 1500 8803635 0 412 0 7038079 0 0 0 BMRU

eth1 9000 45572028 0 263 0 48337634 0 0 0 BMRU
lo 65536 7919428 0 0 0 7919428 0 0 0 LRU
Ip:

    60955288 total packets received
    0 forwarded
    0 incoming packets discarded
    60943998 incoming packets delivered
    63275787 requests sent out
    20 dropped because of missing route
Icmp:

    11152 ICMP messages received
    18 input ICMP message failed.
    ICMP input histogram:

        destination unreachable: 3
        echo requests: 283
        echo replies: 10836
        timestamp request: 30

    11414 ICMP messages sent
    0 ICMP messages failed
    ICMP output histogram:
        destination unreachable: 283
        echo request: 10836
        echo replies: 265
        timestamp replies: 30
IcmpMsg:
        InType0: 10836
        InType3: 3
        InType8: 283
        InType13: 30
        OutType0: 265
        OutType3: 283
        OutType8: 10836
        OutType14: 30

Tcp:

    127044 active connections openings
    181467 passive connection openings
    32349 failed connection attempts
    65022 connection resets received
    61 connections established
    60277974 segments received
    73515227 segments send out
    17155 segments retransmited
    0 bad segments received.
    95570 resets sent
Udp:

    35018 packets received
    283 packets to unknown port received.     0 packet receive errors
    33852 packets sent
    0 receive buffer errors
    0 send buffer errors
UdpLite:
TcpExt:

    4363 invalid SYN cookies received
    37 resets received for embryonic SYN_RECV sockets     8 packets pruned from receive queue because of socket buffer overrun     35651 TCP sockets finished time wait in fast timer     1150363 delayed acks sent
    183 delayed acks further delayed because of locked socket     Quick ack mode was activated 1432 times     5616360 packets directly queued to recvmsg prequeue.     7172648 bytes directly in process context from backlog     1689077758 bytes directly received in process context from prequeue     36837349 packet headers predicted
    5488329 packets header predicted and directly queued to user     2385028 acknowledgments not containing data payload received     29084328 predicted acknowledgments
    3287 times recovered from packet loss by selective acknowledgements     Detected reordering 1 times using FACK     Detected reordering 16 times using SACK     Detected reordering 26 times using time stamp     42 congestion windows fully recovered without slow start     613 congestion windows partially recovered using Hoe heuristic     129 congestion windows recovered without slow start by DSACK     2936 congestion windows recovered without slow start after partial ack     TCPLostRetransmit: 74
    29 timeouts after SACK recovery
    10846 fast retransmits
    1248 forward retransmits
    88 retransmits in slow start
    4487 other TCP timeouts
    32 SACK retransmits failed
    52 packets collapsed in receive queue due to low socket buffer     4333 DSACKs sent for old packets
    315 DSACKs sent for out of order packets     1502 DSACKs received
    31840 connections reset due to unexpected data     32158 connections reset due to early user close     47 connections aborted due to timeout     TCPDSACKIgnoredNoUndo: 22
    TCPSpuriousRTOs: 5
    TCPSackShifted: 36711
    TCPSackMerged: 53967
    TCPSackShiftFallback: 47357
    TCPDeferAcceptDrop: 48947
    TCPRcvCoalesce: 416660
    TCPOFOQueue: 95889
    TCPOFOMerge: 274
    TCPChallengeACK: 40
IpExt:

    InMcastPkts: 1484
    OutMcastPkts: 46
    InBcastPkts: 619585
    InOctets: 136465338184
    OutOctets: 140429464662
    InMcastOctets: 396864
    OutMcastOctets: 5366
    InBcastOctets: 57012147
zzz ***Mon Aug 29 00:01:21 EDT 2016

Shall I share the AWR report here? Please advise

Thanks,
Shankar