Cloud Control 13c Patching/Upgrading issue

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 15:46:34 -0500

I am trying out the cloud control 13c provisioning and patching module. Every time I run a patch or attempt a database upgrade, I get an error on the step where it ships the generic perl module. It gives me this error:

ERROR: Execution failed due to binary missing or permission issues

I have searched the metalink and google, and they always say that error happens because privilege delegation isnt properly configured. However, that step doesnt require a privileged user. According to the output it is using the standard credentials, not the the privileged credentials.

this is cloud control 13c on OEL 7, oracle database 12.1.0.2 also on OEL 7.

Any ideas?

--
Andrew W. Kerber