Re: Passwords in DBA_USERS (Oracle 12c)

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 09:57:37 -0500

It appears the only problem with this approach is the DBA doesn't include this ability automatically. You still have to do the grant to the DBA to allow the connect through - which requires a 3rd account to do the grant as you can't grant privs to yourself. It would be great if this was included in the DBA role functionality to connect through any user.

After setting up the necessary grant, it is definitely easier to do it this way but in the middle of an application deployment, this method is cumbersome if the setup grants haven't been completed.

Thanks,
Chris

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2013/13-mar/o23asktom-1906478.html