Re: Passwords in DBA_USERS (Oracle 12c)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 21:09:37 -0400

On 07/06/2016 08:54 PM, Ryan January wrote:
> As far as I'm aware, it was done to support case sensitive passwords.
> If it wasn't officially documented by Oracle, it's been unofficially documented for years by the commit it at large.
Unofficially documented? I like the concept. It's similar to using the number 42 to answer any question. As for the case sensitive passwords, it doesn't make sense, since hashes of the lower case letters and upper case letters would be different. I may accept that the answer to the question why was that change not documented and explained is 42.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA