Re: Question regarding sudo equivalents

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 01:27:53 +0000

Getting back to the original question, I use sudo every day, and have for at least 20 years....I've heard of some alternatives, but never come across one in use. The idea that sudo is old hat, is sort of the point, if you ask me. I want it because it's old and stodgy and simple and effective, and it's *everywhere* on Unix/Linux platforms! Also, when is the last time you heard anout a security hole in sudo?

Just my thoughts.....

-Mark