Re: Question regarding sudo equivalents

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:34:55 -0600

Pete,

"sudo" is alive and well, based on its overwhelming prevalence on UNIX/Linux servers worldwide. In my own experience, I count the times I've encountered alternatives to sudo on one hand.

There are alternatives (i.e. FoxT BoKS, etc) which are licensed products, so clearly there is opportunity in the space to sell licenses, and it could be their marketing which makes the assertion that "sudo is dead". How else does one make money when competing with free, except to say that it is "dead"?

Just my US$0.02...

Thanks!

-Tim