RE: Enable novalidate contains after import?

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 14:26:39 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

OK, the import runs first as a norows:

Rows=n
Ignore=y
Grants=n
Indexes=n
Compile=n
Constraints=n
Statistics=none
Buffer= 1000000000

Then the tables as 4 different parallel imports, but all are done with these parameters:

Rows=y
Ignore=y
Grants=y
Indexes=y
Compile=y
Constraints=n
Statistics=none
Buffer= 1000000000

Finally another norows Import to do the constraints:

Rows=n
Ignore=y
Grants=n
Indexes=n
Compile=n
Constraints=y
Statistics=none
Buffer= 1000000000

Late on we recompile the code etc, and generate stats etc.

The table in question, but there may be others that I didn't see doing excessive scans, has 230 columns. We have some wide tables. The average row length is 551 and there are no chained rows. The table is 38,536 blocks large. 8k block size.

I'll run a test on another similar database late on. I have yet another test in progress. No logging on all tables and indexes. Might save an hours or two!

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Norm.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue May 24 2016 - 15:26:39 CEST