RE: Enable novalidate contains after import?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 07:32:40 -0400

Hmm. If that pans out then I wonder what the tradeoff point elapsed time wise is to import novalidate, no indexes, ctas (possibly in the best possible physical order to match the most utilized query index or extended stat column pair if that is in your future, or some such as may befit your precise situation), do the rename pairs, and then index and validate.

mwf

From: Norman Dunbar [oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk] Sent: 24 May 2016 08:18
To: Jonathan Lewis; oracle-l-freelists

Morning Jonathan,

The not null constraints are all part of the column definition rather than added check constraints.

There are definitely only 8 of them, including the pk column. There are a couple of unique indexes which have been created by the data import, but no unique constraints.

Interesting.

Cheers,
Norm.