Re: What is filling the logs

From: Steve T. Baldwin <stbaldwin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 04:53:02 +0000

Would logminer show anything useful?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au> Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2016 2:40:39 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: What is filling the logs

G'day!

I think I'm going mad.. I have a database which is completely idle. No jobs, no job engines, no users connecting, just background processes.

log_checkpoint_timeout and log_checkpoint_interval are left default.

Yet the 1GB logfiles switch every 7 minutes on average.

I must be overlooking the obvious.. What could cause this rediculous amount of log switches? It is a copy of the production database. I am now suspecting that whatever causes it may also happen on the (very busy) production itself. Any thoughts welcome...

Cheers,
Tony

  • This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email. -------------------------------------------------------