RE: PCTFREE and ITL space on high insert table

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 10:45:39 +0000

Stefan,

But now he knows that "alter table move" allocates 3 ITLs and "create empty / insert " allocates 2 ITLs he may choose to save 24 bytes per block ;)

Realistically, he may also think about using dbms_redefinition to do an online move - though there are licencing considerations to worry about when combining compression and online moves.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
_at_jloracle