Re: Apache URL rewrite rules

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:34:11 -0400

Hi Leroy,

It may be easier for you to use a VirtualHost definition it httpd.conf.

Something like this:
<VirtualHost *:80>

     ServerAdmin lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu
     ServerName devdata.uwsa.edu
     Redirect /Facilities_Lease http://devdata.uwsa.edu:8181/ords/f?p=102:1
     ErrorLog logs/your_custom_error_log_name
     CustomLog your_custom_access_log_name
</VirtualHost>

I am *not* asn Apache or web expert by any means, but we do a lot of this type of redirection, and this is how we do it. Easier than trying to do URL rewrite rules.

Hope that helps,

-Mark