Re: Pure Storage opinions

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 19:57:54 -0400

On 04/23/2016 06:38 PM, Tim Gorman wrote:
> But attempting to control the conversation by labeling responses with
> which you disagree as "marketing" (or any other pejorative) is
> nonsense. We've all got eyes and brains and can decide that for
> ourselves. If you disagree, then rebut with facts, not opinions.
> Each person on the list can decide what is right, wrong, or drivel.

Hi Tim,
How many other tools were mentioned on this group, as a possible cloning solution? How many times was Delphix mentioned during the last few months? I am not attempting to control anything, I am just warning the readers of this group about the marketing. There is a simple truth: there are other solutions for cloning databases, which deserve some mention, with different strengths and weaknesses. Yet, for some reason, only Delphix is regularly offered as a cloning solution on this group. Regards,

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA