Re: Upgrade steps for Exadata

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 12:48:52 -0600

We do not need to *upgrade* the OS. It's my understanding we need to *upgrade* GRID, the databases, and the storage. We're going from 11.2.0.4 to 12.1.0.2 for both the X3 and the X4. We are familiar with upgrading non-Exadata GRID and RAC databases to 12c, but the part that seems to be confusing is where/how does the storage software upgrade fit in. We were told we do not need a firmware upgrade by Platinum support.

Sandy

--
Sandy B.