Export Import Question

From: Freeman, Donald G. CTR <donald.freeman.ctr_at_ablcda.navy.mil>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 20:09:58 +0000

I'm not doing a lot of hands on DBA work anymore so I'm having a problem with something I probably should know. Here is the situation:

We received our monthly export .dmp file (from exp not datapump) from our development team that was exported by Scott. Apparently in development Scott has the DBA role. We are trying to import it as user Scott on a production database where Scott does not have DBA role. I'm getting the error, "Warning: the objects were exported by Scott, not by you."

I'm thinking the developer has granted the user DBA to make his life easier and overcome some problem but the production system has no such role assigned to Scott. When we granted it just to get through the import it didn't work either. We still get that error. What do I have to do to fix this? I did check the import file and it was exported by Scott. I had thought they made a mistake and exported it as sys but, no.

Would the difference in roles on development and prod show up as the user being a different user? It worked last month.

Donald Freeman
Systems Dev Spec, Principle