Re: Export Import Question

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:09:53 +0000

Hi Donald,

Is that earning about the export being done by scott really the problem? I think I remember that that always was the case when one user did the exp but some other user does the import. Plus, it's just a warning.

Has the scott user in the production database had any privilege changes recently, since the previous import that worked?

Is this a full export? Does scott have, if I remember, IMP_FULL_DATABASE if so assuming that the imp is full too?

It would be interesting to see the whole error end of the imp log in case there's something other than the warning message hidden away in there.

Also if this is linux try running a Hex dump on the first 256 bytes of the exp file to see who exported it and what type of dump it is. It might be relevant perhaps.

HTH Cheers,
Norm.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Mar 13 2016 - 17:09:53 CET

Original text of this message