Re: Need two databases same name, same cluster, different versions

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 17:17:43 -0700

What do they mean by " the database name is hardcoded in the app." ???

In some cases, they might mean the SID, used during connect, is embedded. Which *might* be resolved using an appropriate service.

Other than that, I'm not sure where any non-DBA application might reference the database name itself.

/Hans