Re: Why doesn't output display SQL statement when using sqlplus in

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 09:03:57 -0700

I agree that SQL Loader is heavily underutilized, and misunderstood. Few people read that document as well
(http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/SUTIL/toc.htm) and therefore miss the fact that there are tons of practical examples on both SQL*Loader and External Tables. (The doc also discussed Data Pump, Import/Export, ADRCI, Log Miner - all included in the licensed product.)

Browsing through the licensing doc highlights a huge number of capabilities in the database. I wish people would just browse the doc list (docs.oracle.com/database/121/nav/portal_booklist.htm) to become familiar with what is available, so they know where to turn to start asking questions.

Whole pile of free, or 'included in license' stuff that developers and administrators don't know about - and end up costing their org huge buckets of money by buying alternatives or using ineffective work-arounds.

Oh well.
/Hans