RE: RMAN Scenario

From: Ruel, Chris <Chris.Ruel_at_lfg.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 16:10:13 +0000

How much data are you talking about?

With no backup of the affected TS, no backup of the controlfile, or a copy of the current controlfile your best bet might be to:

  1. Re-create the tablespace
  2. Re-create objects (I would like to think you have the code to at least re-create the objects, although, that should be in the archive logs as well)
  3. Use LogMiner to get the transactions against the objects from the archive logs
  4. Re-run the committed transactions you get from LogMiner

Could be a lot of tedious work depending on number of objects. Might contact Oracle to see if there is a way to get a datafile back into the controlfile to roll it forward. Something like the following link:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/backup.112/e10642/osadvsce.htm#BRADV224

Problem is, for that link to work you either need a current controlfile or a backup. That’s why I say contact Oracle in case they have some trick up their sleeve…unless someone else on this list has an idea I am not thinking of.

Good luck,

Chris..

Chris Ruel * Oracle Database Administrator * Lincoln Financial Group cruel_at_lfg.com<mailto:cruel_at_lfg.com> * Desk:317.759.2172 * Cell 317.523.8482

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of sumit Tyagi Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 10:56 AM
To: Oracle L
Subject: RMAN Scenario

  1. RMAN {backup database plus archivelog }
  2. Created one new tablespace with name TEST .
  3. No auto backup available for control file .
  4. Data inserted into table associated with TEST tbs
  5. Datafiles got removed from os level for TEST tbs . Also current control file got deleted .
  6. How to get back the data . We don't have that particular tbs in rman backup which was taken last night .Also current control file is missing . All archives and redo are present .

BR
Sumit Tyagi
+91-7829543355
Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Mar 08 2016 - 17:10:13 CET

Original text of this message