RE: Progress 9.1.E connecting to an Oracle database

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 20:43:48 +0000

A quick search turned up this article: http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P79357

Have you verified that ORACLE_SID is *unset* on the client?

Good luck,
-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Beckstrom Jeffrey Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 1:01 PM
To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>; oracle-db-l <oracle-db-l_at_Groups.ITtoolbox.com> Subject: Progress 9.1.E connecting to an Oracle database

We have a third party application that uses Progress to connect to an Oracle database. We are in the process of replacing the servers with ones running Windows 2008, Progress 9.1.E and Oracle 11G R2 client. The current system uses Windows 2003, Progress 9.1.D and Oracle 10G client.

We are encountering an Oracle 1012 error when attempting to connect to the database. SQL Plus connects without problems. Both Progress and the Oracle Client are 32 bit.

We and the vendor have tried everything we can think of without success. Looking for any help someone can provide.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Lead Database Administrator
Information Technology Department
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

.

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 05 2016 - 21:43:48 CET

Original text of this message