Re: OCM11 or OCM12

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 10:36:54 -0800

For me, I got my 10g OCP which expires at the end of next month and I was working on going for the 11g OCP upgrade. But decided that my time is better spent reading and learning other Oracle things. I have been putting off mastering things like performance tuning, security in 12c, etc because most of my spare time (when I can stay awake or afford personal spare time) I spend practicing for 11g OCP. And really what is that ultimately going to get me? Nothing really, its not going to get me a raise it is not going to make my managers think better off me. I think they would appreciate more if I am really proficient in those other areas. It was a hard decision, maybe I'll regret it. If the test were a little cheaper I might just try it but at $250 I can't afford to take it and not pass.