Re: Upgrading Oracle cluster 11gR2 on Solaris

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 08:09:11 +0000

Hmmm...it's a complicated question.

How large is the database? How much effort are you willing to expend to minimize downtime? You can do a standby database and achieve near zero downtime, but it's a non-trivial effort.

Depending on any SLA that you're subject to, size of the db, are you upgrading in place? Are you building a new cluster?

Those are just a few questions to get you started.

Hope that helps,

-Mark