linux/sqlplus scripting to obscure permissions

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 14:27:04 +0000 (UTC)

I've written two sql scripts which can be used to expand a tablespace. The intent is to make these scripts available to non-DBAs to manage potential off-hours issues.

Because the scripts will be run by non-DBAs, I would like to modify them such that the user will not have direct passwords or database permissions, but just permission to execute the scripts. i.e. the scripts will handle all permission issues.

I'm having trouble finding the details of how to do this both on the linux and oracle side of things. So far for Oracle, I've found the externally identified type accounts, but I'm concerned that this may not be secure. And for scripting on linux, I'm at a loss.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Many thanks!