Re: write complete waits

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 19:47:54 +0000

Seems a reasonable explanation, concurs with the 10g documentation as well. So probably nothing to do with AIO, though that's also suggested elsewhere.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/DBOptimizer/en/Write_complete_wait

If you have scope to increase your buffer cache by increasing sga_target or memory_target, maybe that will help. Other advice has increasing number of DBWR processes, though that's possibly a pre-11g, pre-AIO thing .

Who is it who said test, test, and test again?

Appreciate you're probably talking about a production system so fiddling about and testing may not be easy, but you probably have no alternative if you have a real problem. If the problem is just that the number/duration of this wait type has gone up and you don't have a response time problem, don't fix it.

Regards

JT